2012 Symetra Futures Tour
The Symetra Futures Tour 2012 schedule was released earlier this week. The schedule includes 16 events in 12 states, not to mention a new title sponsor. Great to see Symetra supporting the womens game !!
Our 2012 combined womens pro golf calendar has been updated to include the Symetra schedule in addition to most of the pro womens golf tours. Check it out here (feel free to share it as well).
2012 United Ladies Pro Tour
A new european womens pro golf mini tour has been announced – the 2012 United Ladies Pro Tour. The schedule is expected to be released in the next week or two and will include tournaments in the UK and Spain. We’ve heard that the schedule will complement (rather than conflict with) other tour schedules, creating even more playing opportunities for the womens pros in Europe. For the latest, follow them on Twitter (@UnitedLadiesProTour).
More news & notes:
- The LET Access Series continues to grow, announcing an impressive schedule for 2012
- Buzz is building for the 2012 Golf Fashion Week. Follow them on Twitter: @GolfFashionWeek
- Nontaya Srisawang (Thailand) shot a final round 65 to earn her first pro win at the 2012 Thailand Ladies Open
- So Yeon Ryu leads by 1 stroke midway through the 2012 Australian Ladies Open (LET / LPGA / ALPG)
- A recent study by KPMG shows that participation in golf is declining for the 1st time in Europe.
- South Africa’s Lee-Anne Pace went surfing with Mick Fanning
Photos of the Week: 2011 Terre Blanche Ladies Open
Since it will be a month or so until the first womens events in Europe for the season, I’m going to post a few photos from 2011. And since the first event for me will likely be the 2012 Terre Blanche Ladies Open, I’ll begin with a few from last year at Terre Blanche/Four Seasons Provence. It’s the 3rd year for this tournament, one of several in 2012 that are co-sanctioned by the LET Access Series and the Generali Ladies Tour.
The Terre Blanche Ladies Open is hosted at gorgeous Four Seasons Provence. If you’re planning to attend the tournament and can’t afford the Four Seasons Provence, here are some nearby hotels (via Booking.com). The closest airport is Nice (about an hour drive).
Hope you enjoyed the photos. For more, check out our full photo gallery.
Have a great weekend everyone.