DogLeg Media is a womens golf media initiative which is designed to progress professional and amateur womens golf through targeted media coverage.
For many years there has been a gap in the amount of media coverage for womens golf as compared to the mens game. While the mens game has been grabbing the headlines, the womens game, even at the professional level, has gone largely unnoticed and unreported with a few key exceptions.
When news media publish stories about women’s golfers, they often don’t haven’t any photos or are using images which are well out-of-date. As a result, and again by comparison to the men, the women pros struggle to attract and retain sponsorship.
Our primary goal is to increase the visibility of professional and top amateur golfers by making “rich media” visible and widely accessible. If we are able to achieve this, we believe that:
1) Value to existing corporate sponsors of pro golfers & tournaments in Europe will increase and new corporate sponsors will be attracted to support womens golf. Ultimately we would like to see a sea change in golf similar to what happened in tennis many years ago – equality. We believe that equal sponsorship money should flow into womens golf as is already is supporting men’s golf.
2) More girls will start to play golf.
3) The fans & supporters of womens golf will become more engaged with the tours, golfers, host venues and sponsors. We try to encourage this by leveraging our “rich media” through the use of new media techniques to promote the golfers, golf tournaments and corporate and local sponsors.
Results to Date
As of Sept 2012,
- 10,000 high quality tournament images published across online platforms (DLM website, social media, other websites).
- roughly 1 million image views on social media & online platforms.
- images published in major & local newspapers and magazines in Europe, Asia, North America & Latin America.
- offline archive grown to approximately 175,000 high resolution images, 1500+ womens pro & amateur golfers.
High Quality Images, Reasonable Prices
We aim to achieve this by making our library of images of professional and amateur golfers available to news media, blogs, clothing & equipment brands/sponsors, and of course the golfers themselves. Attractive, high quality photos, which are aggressively priced in order to encourage wider publication by media and sponsors.
Licensing arrangements for photos & rich media also negotiable.
Hire Us !
We’re currently seeking assignments for 2013 ! Available for golf writing, photography, video, golf travel, and research assignments.
100% to Womens Golf
All ideas, suggestions, and feedback welcome. Please contact us via the contact tab on this website.
Support our Sponsors
If you like what we do and want to help us to do even more, we encourage you to buy photos from our web photo gallery , buy clothing and gifts from our main sponsor Poodle , use the hotel links in our golf calendar to book hotels, use the links on DogLegTravel for golf & non-golf hotel bookings, and/or visit any advertisements shown on the right side and footers of our website(s). We also welcome new sponsors of our intiative – contact us.
Thank You !
Many thanks for visiting and for your support of womens golf.